søndag 22. september 2013

Northern Ireland

An alternative way to travel the UK is by ferries. I took a ferry from the coast of Scotland and to Belfast. The ferry took about two and a half hour. Although it was a long journey it was pretty fun. I got to see a lot of birds nesting on the islets, I even got to see a couple of seals. The ferry itself was very big, but all the tourists on board made it very narrow. There were so many people inside that there were no place to be, so I stayed on the deck the hole ride. It was pretty cold, but I don't regret a second. I don't have any specific plans in Belfast, but I know I will visits The Titanic Pump House.


After spending a couple of days in Belfast I`ve learned a lot about the Irish culture. The Irish culture consists of many traditions. For example Saint Patricks day. Saint Patricks day is a sort of national day where everybody dresses green and wear hats. The first day in Belfast I went to a pub called "St. Patricks Pub". "St. Patricks Pub" is a pub based on Saint Patricks day where they celebrate the day all year around. The waitress was dressed in green and had a funny looking hat on her head. She was dancing around and served Guinness to all the guests. It was actually kind of fun. The second day I went to Titanic Pump House, it was great! I learned a lot of fact about the tragedy. It was very interesting 
to hear about the tragedy while I walked through the dock and imagined what it was like back then.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar